The student news site of Bishop Union High School

Bronco Round Up

• July 1Stay Cool this Summer!
  • July 1Congratulations Class of 2024
  • July 1Enjoy Summer Break!
  • June 3Senior Awards Night Wednesday 06/05
  • June 3NASA Club last meeting today @ lunch in the BSC
  • May 23Holiday weekend, minimum day Thursday 05/23 and there will be no school Friday 05/24 and Monday 05/27
  • May 23Graduation day almost here, Complete all community service hours to be able to walk and attend the senior ceremony.
  • May 23Seniors need to complete forms for FAFSA. either opt out or submit for Educational Financial Aid.
  • May 15The BSC is closed this week for AP Testing
  • May 15Interact will be having their final meeting of the year May 16th, at lunch in room 209

Bronco Round Up

Bronco Round Up

Bronco Golf Dominates at Cal City Once Again

On April, 10, the Bronco Golf Team traveled to Cal City for the third time this season and showed dominance again. The team played even better than before at the Tierra Del Sol course with a combined team score of 390. Desert came in second with a 506, Cal City came in third with a 542, and Kern Valley came in fourth with a 701. All players played exceptionally well and the team is excited about the increased improvement. 5 out of the 6 golfers placed in the medalist and the individual scores are as follows.

CJ Carrington: 72

Adam Kalk: 76

Cooper Beard: 80

Corde Peek: 80

Kobe Carpenter: 82

Parker Pope: 85

Coach Carrington had this to say, “The layoff didn’t seem to bother the team. Posting our lowest score of the year in perfect conditions. It’s great to see the confidence and continued improvement going into each week.” He’s very proud with how the team played and had a few notes for players. For CJ Carrington, he said, “When it’s your day, it’s your day. CJ’s play has improved greatly from the start of the year to now and he’s really confident and excited.” For Kobe Carpenter, he said, “It wasn’t his best day, but what I love about Kobe is he never gives up and strives for improvement each and every shot. And he does it with a smile on his face. He’s very hard on himself at times, but he’s one of our most consistent players.” The Broncos improved to a 7-0 record on the season remaining undefeated in league. The next match is on April 17.