Bronco Softball Rallies for Road Win at California City

Baileigh+Momberg

Axel Fierro

Baileigh Momberg

Oscar Mendiola, Writer

On Tuesday April, 12 the Varsity Softball team traveled to the Cal City Ravens for their 4th league game of the season.

Bronco Softball used a 7 run 7th inning to beat the California City Ravens Tuesday.  Trailing 7-5 after 6 innings of play the Broncos scored a lucky 7 runs winning 12-7. The win moves the Broncos High Desert League record to 3-1, even with Boron in the loss column as the Ravens had to forfeit their game with Fraizer Mt.  

In the win on Tuesday Baileigh Momberg pitched a complete game striking out 13 Ravens. Momberg allowed 6 hits and 2 walks.  Momberg also had a big day at the plate hitting a 2-run home run, smashing a double driving in a total of 3 runs for the game. 

Sophomore Sienna Fuller had a walk twice in the game, 1 rbi and scored 2 home runs during the game. Shea Ludwick had a 1 hit and 1 hit by pitch scoring once. Captain Jayda Jackson had 2 doubles, 1 single , 2 walks, and 1 RBI’s and scored one point. Kristen Sorenson had 1 walk and a sacrifice with 1 rbi during the game. Liv Ellis had a sacrifice, 1 hit by pitch and also a 1 run second. Riley Van Nest had 2 hits during the game and 1 run scored. Dani Garcia had a sacrifice, 1 walk, 1 hit by pitch, 1 rbi, and 1 run scored.

Captain and Senior Madi Torres had 2 doubles hit, 1 walk, and 2 runs scored for the final game for her season. Torres is has a scheduled knee surgery soon. In her final game she had a big day for the Broncos.

Going into the 7th inning the Broncos were down 5 to 7 and then later the Broncos scored 7 runs during the 7th inning. The Softball team had 8 out of 10 players scoring a point. The Softball Team next game will be against Kern Valley on Tuesday, April 18 for their next away game.