Bronco Round Up

• February 14Boys and Girls Soccer and Boys Basketball Advancing to Next Round in Playoffs

• February 12Boys Soccer Vs RFK Thunderbirds @ 3:00pm Wednesday (Ticket Booth opens @ 2:30)

• February 12Boys Basketball vs. Desert Scorpions @ 7:00pm Wednesday (West Gym opens @ 6:00)

Bronco Boys Go Undefeated Once Again!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bronco Boys Go Undefeated Once Again!

Shyanne Aguilar

Shyanne Aguilar

Shyanne Aguilar

Eric Lind, Assistant to Sports Editor

The Bronco Boys finish up the week with three wins

Varsity boys soccer had an exciting week, continuing their flawless record this season. They started it off with a 1-0 win against the Rosamond Roadrunners, scoring one goal in the second half. During the second half, Ismael Santana scored the game-winning goal and prevented the potential tie statistic. This win against Rosamond started their momentum for the rest of the week.

During the Tuesday away game, at Boron, the boys finished up with a 4-0 win. The Broncos scored three goals during the first half and cemented the win with one goal in the second. Hector Martinez scored two of the goals, Hugo Santana scored one, and Marco Solorio scored one. The Bobcats ended up getting shutout at home while the Bronco Boys went home happy with another win.

The Kern Valley Broncs were defeated at the Broncos home field during the last game of the week. Here’s a summation of what happened by Coach Jeff Garbriel[The Bishop Union High School Boys Soccer team played Kern Valley High School Boys soccer team tonight. Ismael Santana scored the first goal of the night in the 10th minute with an assist from Hugo Santana. Five minutes later the Kern Valley soccer team scored on a miscommunication among Bishop’s defensive line. The tied game gave the Kern Valley team some renewed energy. In the 23rd minute though, Hugo Santana scored his first goal of the match with an assist from Roberto Solorio. This goal provided Bishop with some needed momentum. Shortly, in the 26th minute Ismael Santana add another goal after the Kern Valley defense over committed. In the 32nd minute, Bishop soccer was awarded a direct kick just outside the penalty area. Roberto Solorio provided a soft chip shot over the Kern Valley player defensive wall in which Ismael Santana settled the ball and dribbled around a defender to get his third goal of the night. No more than three minutes later, Hugo Santana scored his second goal. The half time score was 5-1 Bishop. In the second half, Andres Rios scored a goal in the 58th minute after Bishop was awarded a penalty kick. In the 71st minute, Hector Martinez provided the final goal of the evening from an assist by Ismael Santana. Final score was 7-1 Bishop.
Tonight’s win gives Bishop a 12-4-0 overall record and a 11-0-0 High Desert League record. More importantly, for the second year in a row the Bishop Union boys soccer team are the High Desert League Champions even with one more league game to play next Tuesday. “To win the High Desert League for the second year in a row is a true testament of the talent and dedication we have on the Bishop Union boys soccer team,” said Head Coach Jeff Gabriel. “I am so proud of the boys securing the league championship on senior night,” added Coach Gabriel.]

Soccer,Buhs,Broncos,Undefeated,Varsity,Boys,League Champs
About the Writer
Eric Lind, assistant to the sports editor

Eric Lind, a senior at BUHS is planning to become a fish and game warden. After high school Eric is interested in attending a four year university. Two...