Girls Soccer

Picture+of+the+BUHS+Girls+Senior+Soccer+Players+from+left+to+right%3A+Emelli+Mora%2C+Brisa+Lopez%2C+Dulcinea+Vasquez%2C+Danica+Thornburg%2C+Kori+Boxley+and+Kendi+Ochoa.%0APhoto+Provided+by+Coach+Winzenread+

Picture of the BUHS Girls Senior Soccer Players from left to right: Emelli Mora, Brisa Lopez, Dulcinea Vasquez, Danica Thornburg, Kori Boxley and Kendi Ochoa. Photo Provided by Coach Winzenread

Hunter Beall, Assistant Sports Editor

Girls Varsity Soccer Update

On Monday, January 28, 2019, the Bishop Broncos girls varsity soccer team hosted the second matchup of the season against the Rosamond High School Roadrunners. The first score of the game came when Danica Thornburg was able to score off an assist from Jordan Winzenread on a corner kick. The Broncos held the 1-0 lead going into half time. Halfway through the second half, in the 62nd minute of the game, the Roadrunners were able to score on a loose ball in front of the goal from a corner kick. The two teams continued to match each other’s efforts, but both were unable to add another goal and the game ended in a 1-1 tie.

On Tuesday, January 29, 2019, the Bishop Broncos girls varsity soccer team played a game against the Boron High School Bobcats. The first goal of the game came from Gisell Mora. Gisell Mora added a second goal off an assist from Dulcinea Vasquez. Jordan Winzenread added a third goal for the Broncos off a corner kick. Kendi Ochoa added the fourth goal of the half of an assist from Jordan Winzenread. In the second half, Gisell Mora started the scoring with a hat-trick, her third hat-trick of the season, from an assist by Dani Santana.
Brooke Winzenread added two more goals for the Broncos heading two corner kicks into the goal. The game ended with the Broncos winning 7-0.

The girls have continued their winning streak as first in the league. On February 5th, next Tuesday, they will be traveling to Frazier Mountain High School. If they win, they will be the league champions. However, if they lose, they will tie with Rosamond as league champs.

Soccer, BUHS, Bishop Union Soccer, Boron Bobcats, Rosamond Roadrunners, Bishop Broncos,