Bronco Round Up

• April 17Flashlight Easter Egg Hunt Thursday

• April 17Mathletes Awards Rescheduled for April 24 5:30 in the Carl Lind Board Room

• April 9REMEMBER!!! COMMUNITY SERVICE TO GRADUATE !!!!!!!

Bronco Basketball is Underway!

Back to Article
Back to Article

Bronco Basketball is Underway!

The Bronco Boys Varsity Basketball team in their first tournament of the season.

Matthew Rosga, Sports Editor

The Bronco Boys Win Three of Their First Five Games of the Season

The Bronco boys kicked off their basketball season on Thursday when they started off the Serpent Classic with their game against Smith Valley and came away with their first win of the season by a score of 65-53. Joe Weaver scored 19 points with 3 rebounds, Blaine Spoonhunter scored 18 points with 9 rebounds, Luke Mcclean scored 9 points with 7 rebounds, and Cal Omohundro had 8 points with 6 rebounds on the night.

The Broncos couldn’t keep their momentum going into their next game falling to Yerington by a score of 62-54. Joe Weaver had 17 points with 4 rebounds, Blain Spoonhunter had 12 points with 6 rebounds, Luke Mcclean had 11 points with 11 rebounds, and Edwin Diaz had 6 points with 2 rebounds in the loss.

The Broncos picked it up in their third game coming out on top of Battle Mountain 54-30. Joe Weaver had 28 rebounds 3 rebounds, Luke Mcclean had 11 points with 9 rebounds, and Blain Spoonhunter had 8 points with 7 rebounds.

Game 4 for the Broncos saw them take another W against Virginia City by a score of 66-17. Joe Weaver had 14 points with 3 rebounds, Blain Spoonhunter had 12 points with 11 rebounds, Clay Omohundro had 10 points, Landon Harper had 9 points, and Luke Mcclean had 4 points with 7 rebounds.

The Broncos took their last game of the tournament by a score of 49-29 over Lovelock. Joe Weaver had 21 points, Luke Mcclean had 8 points with 11 rebounds, Clay Omohundro had 5 points, and Cal Omohundro had 9 rebounds.

The Broncos last game was on Tuesday of this week, where the Broncos lost to Burroughs by a score of 62-22. Unfortunately, individual stats were not made available for the Burroughs game. The Broncos will take on Rosamond here at home, next week on 12/11/18, so come out to support them.

Basketball, Boys Basketball, Bronco Basketball, Broncos, Bishop, BUHS
About the Writer
Matthew Rosga, Sports Editor

Matthew ‘Rosga’ is a senior at Bishop Union High School, as well a journalist for the ‘Bronco Roundup’ who has aspirations of being a Major League...