Eric Lind: Senior Profile

Matthew Rosga, Sports Editor

The Lindimal Rides Off into the Sunset

A dear friend to many and a New England native Eric William Lind has a bright and promising future. A solid track athlete and stellar student, Eric has made quite an impression on everyone he has come across these past four years, all while enjoying life with the friends he’s had since kindergarten. Eric has grown up here for the vast majority of his life, but after he graduates high school, the driven young man plans to leave Bishop behind and attend a four-year college to pursue a bachelor’s degree in biology.

He plans on using this degree to become a fish and game warden because he “loves the outdoors”, and is “passionate about environmental conservation.” Eric, unfortunately, had to retire from his football career early to help out at home, despite ESPN predicting him to be drafted first overall the 2019 NFL draft, in addition to being eligible for the discus and shot put events in the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo, Japan.

As much as Eric feels “ready to start [his] life” and the “independence factor of college” he will still miss his friends, family, and the “small town vibes” Bishop has to offer. The man Coach Palu refers to as “The Lindimal”, still has reservations about leaving though, with his biggest fear being that he will be unable to pay for college, but if that does come to fruition, he will work hard in an attempt to educate himself. In 10 years Eric hopes to be “financially stable, a homeowner, and ready to start a family”, and hopes that everyone at BUHS remembers his legacy as  “the kid with a loud subwoofer”. For those that know this phenomenal friend and person best, they know that he will succeed at whatever he puts his mind to and that when June 7th, 2019 rolls around BUHS will have lost one of its finest alumni ever.

Eric Lind, Big Lind, Lindimal, Bishop, Senior, Senior Profile