Matthew Rosga, Big League Dreams

Shelby Haye, Writer

Matthew Rosga, Senior Profile

Matthew Rosga who is mainly known as ‘Rosga’ is a student as well as an athlete. He exceeds in both areas by having a 4.1 GPA as well as the being the second base-man for the Bishop Bronco baseball team. He plans on being recruited to any college that will take him, than hopefully one day be drafted to play for the Los Angeles Angles of Anaheim.

Rosga’s passion in life is baseball. He has been playing since the age of five but did not discover it was a passion until middle school after going to his first Angles game. He now has the ambitions of becoming a second baseman for the Angles. This hardworking senior has been able to play for the Bishop Broncos high school team while also keeping up a GPA of 4.1.

Throughout Rosga’s high school experience he has found that Bishop has all his family and friend and is the only place he has come to love  as it is the only place he has called home. As a town local he has enjoyed the natural surroundings of the town such as the fishing the scenery and the bonds he has made with his family, friends, and his team mates. He has played for the Bishop Bronco Baseball team 3 years, and he hopes for his final year on the team he can lead his team mates to victory in the Championships. As he leaves high school he hopes to play baseball for a minor leauge team while also studying sports journalism. Rosga lives by the words of Mike Trout of “You just have to want it more than everyone else.” as he knows this applies in his life and in baseball. He uses this to drive his work ethic to succeed in all his goals.

Senior profile, Senior, Baseball, Graduating, Class of 2019, profile