Tennis Season Preview 2018

…and Emelli Mora hits the oncoming tennis ball!

Eric Lind, Assistant to Sports Editor

Tennis Girls Looking Forward to Super Season

The Bishop Broncos tennis team is gearing up for a competitive year in the High Desert League. Despite having one of the smallest tennis teams in years, Patty Cummings is optimistic about this season. The smaller group of players has Coach Cummings enthusiastic about improving individual skill through the larger amount of one on one time. The team is anchored by three seniors who are potentially going to lead the team to victory their first home match Thursday the 30th at 3:30. There will be 6 girls playing singles and 6 girls playing doubles against Golden Valley.

The team is lead by the only two returning seniors Molly Foster and Emily Mora who are reportedly “ready to take leadership and make it a great season”. Senior Molly Foster noted that she is “looking forward to a great season” and is ready to begin  “teaching the underclassmen how the team functions”. The team this year is equally divided between half upperclassmen and half underclassmen allowing the upperclassmen to aid the more inexperienced players. Foster’s ultimate goal for this season is to “enjoy playing the sport” while leading her team to success simultaneously.

This Thursday’s game will take place in the Bishop City Park, as usual, so be there to support your local Bronco athletes. Their following game will be away at Burroughs. The entirety of the schedule is posted here on BroncoRoundUp.org , your source for news and entertainment at Bishop Union High School.

Bishop Union High School,BUHS Tennis, High School Tennis, BUHS Sports, Bronco Athletes, High Desert League Tennis