Bronco Girls Have Rough Break

Manese out there on the court with

Pedro Hernandez

Manese out there on the court with

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

Lady Broncos Suffer Two Tough Losses Over Break

The Girls basketball team continued to work hard while everyone else was enjoying themselves over the two week break.  The squad was busy taking on the Strathmore Spartans and Chaffey Tigers here at home. The girls got off to a rough start in their match-up against the Spartans, falling behind in the first quarter by a score of 17-6.  After stumbling out of the gate, the broncos were unable to recover and were  outscored in all 4 quarters.  The Broncos fell by a final score of 71-42.

In the game against the Tigers, the girls still fell short losing a heart breaker in overtime by a score of 58-57. The Tigers jumped out to an early 21-12 lead in the first half and maintained their 9 point lead, finishing the half by a score of 32-23. The Lady Broncos hit the third quarter in stride, scoring 22 points to the Tigers 8 in the third quarter. The final quarter of regulation was tight, freshmen Lauren Allen hit a jump shot with ten seconds left to gave the Broncos a 51-49 lead, but got called for a foul on a questionable call that gave the Tigers three free throws, two of which were made, sending the game into OT with the score tied. In overtime, the Broncos regained a two point lead after Allen hit another jump shot, putting the Broncos ahead 57-55 until the Tigers hit a game winning 3 that gave Chaffey the lead, ending the game by a score of 58-57.

The Broncos look to bounce back as they take on Kern Valley on 1/12/18 at 5:30. Come out and support the Broncos!

Broncos, Lady Broncos, Bronco Basketball, Basketball, BUHS, Bishop