Cross Country Meet 10/11

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

Bishop vs Rosamond

Scores: Rosamond beats Bishop boys by 5 points (25-30)
Scores: Bishop beats Rosamond girls by 7 points (25-32)
Overall Bishop wins by two
“This was our first race on our new course” said Heidi Eldridge, the head coach for Bishop’s Cross Country team. “I would like to thank Jeff Kozak for designing our new course, and officially call it the ‘Kozak’, it’s a very challenging course, but rewarding!”
“Rosamond is a very hard team to beat, they have a great program and we love competing against them because we know we have to bring our “A” game” added Eldridge. “Our boys team had 42 seconds between 2nd place finish and 7th. It was a very tight race! Looking at finishing times, I am confident we can beat Rosamond in the finals. We have a team that continues to make huge improvement from week to week. Our girls team took the 1 & 2 spots with over a 2 minute lead! Fantastic job to Rachel & Sierra! Our 3rd place finisher (Samantha Burns), who finished 5th was only 1 second off the 4th place Rosamond finisher! Our girls also took 8 thru 11. I always tell them it’s important to run as a pack. We don’t win races because we only have 1 or 2 good runners, we win because we have a great team!”
“Thank you to the parents that came out to support us! Thank you to Jeff Perry for helping mark the course with Jeff Kozak! Thank you to the principal of BUHS Randy Cook and Athletic Director Stacy Vannest for showing up and supporting us today! Most of all thank you to my team for going out there today and giving your best!! YOU ROCK!!!” said Eldridge.
Bishop Union High School, Bishop Cross Country, Rosamond Cross Country, Rosamond, Cross Country, Heidi Eldridge