BUHS Tennis Hosts HDL Individual Finals

Tami Lee playing a challenging tennis match at the Bishop City Park

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

On Thursday the High Desert League individual finals took place at the Bishop City Park. Ramneet Kaur, Jordan Winzenread, Cayley Dishion, Nora Cimino were playing in the doubles matches while Tami Lee and Lily Mcgrale represented the Broncos in the singles matches. Kaur and Winzenread lost to the Kern Valley team by scores of 6-2 and 6-0. Patty Cummings, the tennis coach, said that “Ramneet and Jordan fought hard against the number one seeded team in the competition and they never gave up”. Cayley Dishion and Nora Cimino played in the other doubles match on the day, dropping their set to Rosamond by scores of 6-3 and 6-1.

Tami Lee and Liliy Mcgrale each won their matches against the other schools, which led to the two girls facing off against each other for the number one and two spots. Lily Mcgrale got the #1 spot while Tami Lee got the #2, so now they will travel to Bakersfield on October 27 to compete in the individual matches there.

Coach Cummings wanted to thank Dan Macelroy and the park staff for keeping the courts clean all season, something that Cummings very much appreciated. She also wanted to thank the athletic director here at BUHS, Stacy Van nest, for her continued support. Cummings also wanted to wish the 8 seniors on the team good luck and let them know that she will miss them all next season.

HDL Finals, Bishop Union High School, Bronco Tennis, Tennis, Tami Lee, Lily Mcgrale