The student news site of Bishop Union High School

Bronco Round Up

• October 20Buy a bracelet for $1 in Mr. Rowan's room to support cancer awareness.

• October 20Mammoth Mountain Ski School is looking to hire BUHS students for the upcoming winter season. See Ms. Owens.

• October 20JV and varsity Mathletes took home 2nd place for their first meet! Congratulations!

Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley

Kori Boxley mid match

Kori Boxley mid match

Kori Boxley mid match

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

Broncos Win in Last League Game of the Season

The Bishop Broncos hosted the Kern Valley Broncs on Tuesday at the Bishop City Park and defended their home turf beating KV by a score of 5-4. With this W the Broncos have won their last league game of the season and have tied the Broncs for first place.

The singles matches won 4 out of their 6 games while the double matches won 1 out of their 3. For the singles it was Kiley Beard who won her matches 6-3 and 6-4, Lily Mcgrale was also victorious winning her match 6-3 and 6-2, Tami Lee won her matches by 6-3 and 6-3 and Caroline Hagopian lost her matches by scores of 6-4 and 7-5. Junior Kori Boxley was the last singles on the day winning her first match 7-5, losing the second match 6-2 and winning he tiebreaker 8-6.

Seniors Nora Cimino and Cayley Dishion were part of the doubles on the day, winning their first match by a score of 6-3 but dropping the second match and tiebreaker by scores of 6-2 and 7-5. Ramneet Kaur and Jordan Winzenread also dropped their doubles matches by scores of 6-4 and 6-1. Seniors Lily Mcgrale and Kiley Beard were the last doubles match on the court for the day with their score being tied at 4-4 in the second match. The girls eventually pulled through and got the win by scores of 7-5 and 7-5 to finalize the win for the broncos.

6 players from the team will continue to compete in CIF individual playoffs starting thurs at 9:30 a.m in Bishop. Lily Mcgrale and Tami Lee will play singles while Cayley Dishion, Nora Cimino, Ramneet Kaur and Jordan Winzenread will play in the doubles matches for the Broncos.

Bishop Union High School, Bronco Tennis, Bronc Tennis, Tennis, CIF, HDL Champs

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley”

1. John on October 11th, 2017 10:17 am

So like when you play Tennis, do you HAVE to hit the ball? I think that condones violence and it really hurts my feelings. I think we should remove all sports and instead have civil discussions about whether or not the Sun is flat. Think about it: We really only see one side, it could be flat but still a circle. Don’t let NASA control your minds. #PlayTennis#GoBroncos

[Reply]

2. Matthew on October 11th, 2017 10:19 am

Remember to donate blood to BUHS. We need this school to live on! #TennisRules#AllOtherSportsAreLame#PlayTennis

[Reply]

3. Owen on October 11th, 2017 11:17 am

So sometimes tennis makes me mad. The score makes no sense. Go Broncos! #PlayTennis#GoBroncos#BroncoRoundup#Arnie

[Reply]

4. Kusco on October 12th, 2017 10:23 am

The great Arnie Palu is the coolest teacher in school. #PlayTennis

[Reply]

5. James Bond on October 12th, 2017 11:35 am

I think the Bishop Bronco Tennis program is a great program. Let’s get more broncos out there! We can truly become the most elite school in tennis in the entire western hemisphere when it comes to tennis. Playing tennis provides you with food and water. Rumor has it BUHS is giving out a sponsorship for tennis but probably not. Get pranked. #PlayTennis#Hurricane

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• BUHS Sports

Cross Country Meet 10/11

• Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley

Bronco Photos

Cross Country Meet 10/11/17

• National News

The Yankees Beat the Indians and Move on to ALCS

• Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley

BUHS Sports

BUHS Tennis Hosts HDL Individual Finals

• Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley

BUHS News

BUHS V.S. KV

• BUHS Sports

Cross Country BUHS vs Kern Valley

• Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley

BUHS Sports

Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

• Bronco Photos

BUHS vs Yosemite

• BUHS Sports

Bronco Tennis Takes on KV

• BUHS Sports

Bronco Tennis Takes the Win on Monday

Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley