Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

Emelli Mora and Kori Boxley stare down the opposition during last Thursday’s match against the Burroughs

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

Broncos get the W against the Scorpions

The Broncos defeated the Scorpions on Tuesday by a score of 7-2 here at the Bishop City Park.

5 of the 6 singles and 2 of the 3 double matches were won by the Varsity girls. For the doubles Bishop switched things up a bit by having Senior Caroline Hagopian team up with fellow classmate Lily Mcgrale. The duo quickly defeated the # 1 team by scores of 6-1 and 6-2. Senior Cayley Dishion and Junior Tami Lee also put up a win by scores of 6-2 and 6-3. The third doubles team, Jordan Winzenread and Ramneet Kaur, lost their match in a tie-break with the scores for the matches being 6-1, 7-5 and 7-4. In the last doubles match on the day Alondra Meza and Sirena Lopez dropped their match by a score of 6-4.

For the singles Junior Kori Boxley brought her match to another tie-break with scores of 6-3 6-4 and 7-2 to win her match while Lily Mcgrale won her match 6-4 and 6-3, and Tami Lee won by scores of 6-3 and 6-1. Caroline Hagopian dropped her match 6-4 and 6-3, Cayley Dishion won 6-1 and 6-1 and finally Nora Cimino rounded out the match playing singles for the first time this year where she came back from a 4-0 deficit to win 6-4 and 6-3.

Broncos, Bronco Tennis, Bishop Union High School, Tennis, Desert, Scorpion Tennis