The student news site of Bishop Union High School

Bronco Round Up

• October 20Buy a bracelet for $1 in Mr. Rowan's room to support cancer awareness.

• October 20Mammoth Mountain Ski School is looking to hire BUHS students for the upcoming winter season. See Ms. Owens.

• October 20JV and varsity Mathletes took home 2nd place for their first meet! Congratulations!

Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

Emelli Mora and Kori Boxley stare down the opposition during last Thursday's match against the Burroughs

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

Broncos get the W against the Scorpions

The Broncos defeated the Scorpions on Tuesday by a score of 7-2 here at the Bishop City Park.

5 of the 6 singles and 2 of the 3 double matches were won by the Varsity girls. For the doubles Bishop switched things up a bit by having Senior Caroline Hagopian team up with fellow classmate Lily Mcgrale. The duo quickly defeated the # 1 team by scores of 6-1 and 6-2. Senior Cayley Dishion and Junior Tami Lee also put up a win by scores of 6-2 and 6-3. The third doubles team, Jordan Winzenread and Ramneet Kaur, lost their match in a tie-break with the scores for the matches being 6-1, 7-5 and 7-4. In the last doubles match on the day Alondra Meza and Sirena Lopez dropped their match by a score of 6-4.

For the singles Junior Kori Boxley brought her match to another tie-break with scores of 6-3 6-4 and 7-2 to win her match while Lily Mcgrale won her match 6-4 and 6-3, and Tami Lee won by scores of 6-3 and 6-1. Caroline Hagopian dropped her match 6-4 and 6-3, Cayley Dishion won 6-1 and 6-1 and finally Nora Cimino rounded out the match playing singles for the first time this year where she came back from a 4-0 deficit to win 6-4 and 6-3.

Broncos, Bronco Tennis, Bishop Union High School, Tennis, Desert, Scorpion Tennis

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert”

1. Stevenson on October 9th, 2017 10:41 am

I really appreciate Matthew Rosga. He is the definiton of a Bronco. He plays baseball and runs really fast when he wants to. Let’s see it another season! #GoTennisTeam

[Reply]

Gabenson Reply:

I agree with this comment, I see him sprinting from class to class. Eric Lind is also really cool. Anyways, I am glad the Tennis team destroyed Desert. Go Broncos guys woooo lets win! I believe that we can win!

[Reply]

2. Robertsones on October 9th, 2017 10:45 am

Sometimes, if you believe hard enough, fly hard enough, and sleep hard enough, you can succeed in anything. Take Matthew Rosga for example. When he sleeps, he sleeps good. When he believes, he believes good. When he flies, he cant fly cause its impossible with his biology but he tries hard enough. Let’s go Broncos!!! #TennisRulesTheSchoolsInTheNationWithoutHesitation

[Reply]

Tomster Reply:

This inspired me to fly hard enough, and I did. I flew across the neighboorhood and met Matthew Rosga, in person too! It was insane. #Craaaazy

[Reply]

3. Madison on October 9th, 2017 10:49 am

I can’t thank the Assistant to the Sports Editor, Matthew Rosga, for inspiring me to win every day. The amount of winning I do is insane, and I wanna thank my boy Matt for helping me achieve this life long dream. #TennisIsTheBest

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• BUHS Sports

Cross Country Meet 10/11

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

Bronco Photos

Cross Country Meet 10/11/17

• National News

The Yankees Beat the Indians and Move on to ALCS

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS Sports

BUHS Tennis Hosts HDL Individual Finals

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS News

BUHS V.S. KV

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS Sports

Bronco Tennis Vs. Kern Valley

• BUHS Sports

Cross Country BUHS vs Kern Valley

• Bronco Photos

BUHS vs Yosemite

• BUHS Sports

Bronco Tennis Takes on KV

• BUHS Sports

Bronco Tennis Takes the Win on Monday

Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert