The student news site of Bishop Union High School

Bronco Round Up

• November 27See Mrs. Frigerio before and after school or during lunch/break to schedule your drivers training.

• November 27The Book Room is now open at lunch!

• November 9Need community service? Talk to Mrs. Kress about the campus recycling program.

Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

Emelli Mora and Kori Boxley stare down the opposition during last Thursday's match against the Burroughs

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

Broncos get the W against the Scorpions

The Broncos defeated the Scorpions on Tuesday by a score of 7-2 here at the Bishop City Park.

5 of the 6 singles and 2 of the 3 double matches were won by the Varsity girls. For the doubles Bishop switched things up a bit by having Senior Caroline Hagopian team up with fellow classmate Lily Mcgrale. The duo quickly defeated the # 1 team by scores of 6-1 and 6-2. Senior Cayley Dishion and Junior Tami Lee also put up a win by scores of 6-2 and 6-3. The third doubles team, Jordan Winzenread and Ramneet Kaur, lost their match in a tie-break with the scores for the matches being 6-1, 7-5 and 7-4. In the last doubles match on the day Alondra Meza and Sirena Lopez dropped their match by a score of 6-4.

For the singles Junior Kori Boxley brought her match to another tie-break with scores of 6-3 6-4 and 7-2 to win her match while Lily Mcgrale won her match 6-4 and 6-3, and Tami Lee won by scores of 6-3 and 6-1. Caroline Hagopian dropped her match 6-4 and 6-3, Cayley Dishion won 6-1 and 6-1 and finally Nora Cimino rounded out the match playing singles for the first time this year where she came back from a 4-0 deficit to win 6-4 and 6-3.

Broncos, Bronco Tennis, Bishop Union High School, Tennis, Desert, Scorpion Tennis

5 Comments

5 Responses to “Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert”

1. Stevenson on October 9th, 2017 10:41 am

I really appreciate Matthew Rosga. He is the definiton of a Bronco. He plays baseball and runs really fast when he wants to. Let’s see it another season! #GoTennisTeam

[Reply]

Gabenson Reply:

I agree with this comment, I see him sprinting from class to class. Eric Lind is also really cool. Anyways, I am glad the Tennis team destroyed Desert. Go Broncos guys woooo lets win! I believe that we can win!

[Reply]

2. Robertsones on October 9th, 2017 10:45 am

Sometimes, if you believe hard enough, fly hard enough, and sleep hard enough, you can succeed in anything. Take Matthew Rosga for example. When he sleeps, he sleeps good. When he believes, he believes good. When he flies, he cant fly cause its impossible with his biology but he tries hard enough. Let’s go Broncos!!! #TennisRulesTheSchoolsInTheNationWithoutHesitation

[Reply]

Tomster Reply:

This inspired me to fly hard enough, and I did. I flew across the neighboorhood and met Matthew Rosga, in person too! It was insane. #Craaaazy

[Reply]

3. Madison on October 9th, 2017 10:49 am

I can’t thank the Assistant to the Sports Editor, Matthew Rosga, for inspiring me to win every day. The amount of winning I do is insane, and I wanna thank my boy Matt for helping me achieve this life long dream. #TennisIsTheBest

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

Bronco Photos

Broncos vs Burroughs

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS News

Mammoth vs Bishop: Boys Varsity Soccer Review

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS News

Mammoth Mountain Snow Report, Dec. 10th, 2017

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS News

Mammoth Mountain Snow Report, Dec. 9, 2017

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS Sports

Bronco Girls are on a Stampede

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

Bronco Photos

Varsity Boys Basketball Vs. Lone Pine

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

Bronco Photos

Bronco Hoopsters win Home Opener

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS Sports

Broncos Come Out on Top of Eagles

• Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert

BUHS Sports

JV Broncos Get the Win Over the High-Flying Eagles

• BUHS Sports

Girls Varsity Soccer: Boron vs Bishop Review

Bronco Tennis Takes on Desert