Costa Rica Trip

Hunter Beall

Costa Rica Trip

This Summer if you are interested in going to Costa Rica be sure to talk to Mrs De La Mora about it and to attend the informational meeting on Tuesday October 3rd at 6 in De La Mora’s Room. You do not have to be enrolled in a spanish class and all students and parents are welcome.

Cindy De La Mora started taking students to Costa Rica in the 90s. It is an 8 day trip and the average cost for this trip, all meals, hotels, snacks, transportation, guides, airfare, insurance, excursions and activities all go for approximately 2,300.00 per person(depending on airfare). You don’t need to take any money with you because all costs are covered. In the past students used to fundraise for the money to go on the trip but in recent years the students have just got part time jobs and saved money on their own.

The group does a variety of fun activities on the trip. In the words of Mrs De La Mora “ My trip focuses on a heavy natural resources focus. Tropical rain forests, volcanoes, and the like. The guides used with the trip are National Geographic guides who have degrees in tropical biology. In addition we have done community service projects on past trips. We have gone to orphanages and spent the entire day with the kids there and played sports, done art projects, etc.”

“We have alone done home stays with  Costa Rican families and the students are completely immersed in Spanish with these families.”

“Excursion & activities that we have taken in the past have included:  zip lining, white water rafting, jungle canal tours, Costa rica conservation of Green sea turtles tour, visit high schools and shadow high school students, deep sea fishing, serpentiums, Pineapple plantation tours, coffee plantation tours, Dole and Chiquitas banana companies tours, National Teatre of Costa Rica, Professional soccer games(USA vs, Costa Rica),  Poas Volcano tour, Arenal volcano tour, Cooking classes of Costa Rican food, salsa dance lessons, attended the national junior symphony, attended the opera.”

So if this all sounds like fun to you and you would like to see Costa Rica be sure to talk to Mrs De La Mora and to attend the meeting.

Costa Rica Trip, Bishop Union High school, Cindy De La Mora, Costa Rica