Bronco Tennis Takes the Win on Monday

Matthew Rosga, Assistant to the Sports Editor

Broncos Come Out On Top Against Rosamond

With the 5-4 Bronco win on Monday Bishop has improved to 2-0 in league.

The last two doubles teams took to the court with the score being 4-3 bishop, the Broncos needing one more point to win the match which ended with both the doubles teams going to tie-breakers.  “Our ninth tie-breaker for the season already” said Cummings. It was the team of Sophomores Sirena Lopez and Jordan Winzenread who were able to score the 5th point for the Broncos, losing their first set 6-4 but winning their second set 6-3 and the tiebreaker 7-4.
Nora Cimino and Kilie Beard also brought their match to a tiebreak winning their first set 7-5, losing their second set and their tie break 6-3 and 7-3. In other doubles action Tami Lee and Lily Mcgrale lost 6-4 and 6-3 but Lily and Tami each scored a point in their single matches for the team. Lily won 6-1 and 6-1 and Tami won her singles 6-3 and 6-2 . In other singles action Caroline Hagopian battled to a tie-break, winning her first set 6-3 then losing her second set 6-3 and her tie-break 7-4. Cayley Dishon lost 6-1 and 6-1 and Kori Boxley scored a point for the team easily winning  6-2 and 6-0 in her singles matches. Kiley Beard also scored a point winning her singles 6-1 and 6-4
Bishop Union High School, Bronco Tennis, Tennis, Rosamond Tennis, Kori Boxley, Nora Cimino