Movie Nights, Virtual College Tours and More!

Ben Holland

Want to enjoy a movie night with your friends?  Want to become tech savvy with the artistry of the cloud and Google Docs? Desire to explore new colleges through virtual college tours? Well your dreams are coming true with these new events arriving in the Bronco Student Center.

Introduction to the Cloud, Using Google Drive

Bishop Union High School and The Inyo County Office of Education are hosting a free class to the community.  The class, “An Introduction to the Cloud: Using Google Drive,” is for interested area residents, both school-age and adults.

There will be four classes held on the first four Tuesday evenings of May. Doug Thornburg will introduce the notion of the computing “Cloud,” and students will set up their own Google accounts to learn some Google Drive basics.

One of the goals for this class is to mix student and adult education; another is to familiarize residents with some of the tools being introduced in local schools.

Class will be held on May 2, 9, 16 and 23  from 7p.m. until 8:30p.m. at the new  Bronco Student Center’s Foundation for Excellence Design Studio (in the former BUHS library).

The course is free of charge. Early registration is encouraged; registration and more course information are available at (760)-873-4275 x2775.  Class members may enroll the night of the first class, but class size is limited to 16.

Virtual College Tours

Also arriving to BUHS is an after-school enrichment program in the Bronco Student Center. Every Wednesday at 5:00 PM during the month of May, virtual tours of U.C. schools, Cal State schools, California community colleges, and out-of-state colleges will take place. There will also be a live chat or Skype with a BUHS alumni who attends the college. All BUHS students, friends, and family members can attend. This is a great opportunity to vicariously experience a college visit without having to travel to the college. You don’t need to bring anything; however, it is optional to bring your Chromebook.

Friday Movie Nights

On Fridays during May at 4:30 PM, enjoy a movie, hang out with friends, and eat popcorn in the Bronco Student Center. All students are welcome to attend.

Movie Nights, virtual college tours, Google drive, BSC, i cloud, Ben Holland