Kiara Cox Interview: College Volleyball

Kiara Cox Interview: College Volleyball

Gabi Cortez

Recently I had a conversation with my fellow classmate Kiara Cox about what she plans on doing in college, and also talked about how she will be playing a college sport just like I am. I asked her some questions about where she is going, and who helped her get to where she is today. Here is how our conversation went:

Me: Where are you going to college and what division is it?

Kiara: I’ll be going to Grossmont College in San Diego, CA and it is a Junior College.

Me: How did you find this school?

Kiara: My volleyball coach, Mrs. Frigerio, introduced me to the Coach at Grossmont.

Me: Have you visited the campus?

Kiara: Yes I have. It was great.

Me: What was the coach and team like?

Kiara: The coach is very tough but nice. They are pretty successful, and have a lot more wins than they do loses. The coach believes that if you work hard there will be a reward. The players are nice and they are very serious and passionate about playing.

Me: What made you want to play a college sport?

Kiara: I did not want my career to end in high school. I wanted to keep playing at the next level. I also think that playing a sport will keep me on track during school.

Me: What do you plan on majoring in after you’re done with this JC?

Kiara: I’ll be getting my AA first, then I hope to major in Psychology and minor in Spanish.

Me: Do you plan on staying on campus?

Kiara: There is no on campus housing so I’ll be staying at an apartment off campus.

Me: Are you pretty excited or nervous about going? I know I am a little bit nervous.

Kiara: I am actually mostly excited to go to Grossmont.

Me: Good! And finally, who are your main supporters?

Kiara: My grandpa Wayne Cox, my mom, and obviously my volleyball coach.

So, not only did I get to talk to someone who is also playing a college sport, but I get to see how she is ready to take it to the next level. Congratulations to Kiara!

BUHS, BUHS Sports, bishop bronco volleyball, Kiara Cox, bishop high school volleyball, varsity girls