ELKS, Steps for Scholarship

Steps For Scholarship

City Park, Bishop CA – April 22, 2017 – The Elks Lodge is hosting a once a year 5k run/walk for Steps For Scholarships prior to the Earth Day Celebration. This event will take place on April 22nd at 10:00 a.m. Race day registration will be from 8:30a.m.-9:30a.m. at the City Park Gazebo, and pre-registration will take place at the Elks Lodge (151 E Line St.) on April 13th and 20th from 5:00p.m.-7:00p.m. All proceeds from this event will go towards scholarships for BUHS students..

Steps for Scholarship is an event that helps raise money for 2017 BUHS graduates. By participating in this event, you will be helping some of the class of ‘17 graduates pay for their tuition, books, or dorm rooms. Your contributions may even be opening up more doors for a student! The cost for this event is $20 for adults, and $10 for students. Anyone is welcome to participate in this potential life changing event, and donations will be more than appreciated.

This 5k walk/run is the perfect time to take out your running shoes and partake in a fun community event. After pushing yourself past the finish line, you’re more than welcome to stay and hang out at the City Park for the Earth Day Celebration where there will be booths, vendors, arts and crafts, and much more! So mark your calendars, because there is no better way to celebrate Earth Day than to participate in a 5k run that helps your local college bound students.