Daily Bulletin, January 30

TODAY’s ANNOUNCEMENTS:

TICKETS ON SALE NOW for the SADIE HAWKINS WINTER WONDERLAND DANCE!  Saturday, February 11th in the East Gym.  Tickets will be $10 with ASB and $15 without.  See Mr. Rowan in room 803 during break/lunch!

DRAMA CLUB NOW MEETING every Tuesday at lunch in the Green Room.  New members welcome any time!

SNOW CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT:  SIGN UP with Mr. Fulkerson (room 203) by the end TODAY to attend the trip on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1st.  The weather and snow conditions should be ideal!

TRACK STARTS TODAY:   All wanting to participate must meet at 3:30PM on the track ready to practice.  Please make sure your physicals are complete!  Come out and talk to the coach if you have questions!

LIONS CLUB SPEECH CONTEST SPEAKERS:   Meet in Ms. Helfrich Holland’s room TODAY at lunch to practice speeches for the February 9th competition.  Bring your draft speeches & lunch!  Questions?  See Ms. HH!

GIRLS/BOYS STATE APPLICATIONS:  JUNIOR Students are eligible to apply for the opportunity to be our Boys/Girls State Representative.  The Boys/Girls State programs are the most respected educational programs of government instruction for high school students and it is a prestigious honor to be the selected representative.   Applications can be downloaded from our website or picked up in the main office.  Deadline to apply is Friday, February 3.  This opportunity is sponsored by the American Legion and American Legion Auxiliary.

MARCH 11TH SAT:  Registration for the March 11th SAT deadline is February 10th. Register on‐line at www.sat.org/register ; the BUHS School Code is 050345.  The Guidance Office can help if you have questions!

VALENTINE GRAMS! Contact Mr. Rowan or your ASB officers by Friday, February 10th to purchase a $2 Valentine Gram! Each one includes a rose and a note that will be distributed on Valentine’s Day. Buy one for your friends, BFF, to thank someone who was nice to you, to thank your teachers, etc.  Share the love!

MATHLETES JV PRACTICE:  TOMORROW at lunch in Mrs. Buchholz’s room.  This is the last practice for the year!

SWIM TEAM MEETING:  TOMORROW at lunch in room 202 (Mrs. Van Nest). THE DONALD SLAGER

SUNSET FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP:  Applications are now available on the Guidance/Scholarships website.  The Vocational scholarship is for students who will pursue an AA degree or training in a trade or vocation.  The Academic scholarship is for students who will pursue a BA/BS, including those who will begin at a community college and then transfer to a 4‐year university.  Hard copies are available in the GO, BUT you must ultimately complete the PDF version of the application, print and mail. Postmark DEADLINE: March 3, 2017.

REPEAT NEWS:

ROTARY INTERNATIONAL SPEECH CONTEST!  All students are eligible to compete.  Deadline to sign up is Friday, February 24!  Contest is Tuesday, February 28th. See Mrs. Andersen in the Guidance Office for rules/entry form! YEABOOKS ARE FOR SALE!   Don’t wait until the price goes up – get yours now in room 204 at lunch or right after school.  $75  and check or exact cash please.  Thanks!