Interact Club at BUHS

Gabi Cortez

Getting to Know Interact

As many students know, colleges look for how much an applicant has done to help the community. Some may say none, and some may say a ton. However, it is not that people don’t have the ability to do it, it is just that they don’t want to do it or they have trouble dedicating themselves to it. However, my good friend Zoe Anderson is the ASB and Interact president at Bishop Union High School and has dedicated herself to Interact for three years. Zoe is a senior at Bishop Union High School. She has been on the dance team, ASB, Interact, and many other activities. She dedicates herself to school and Interact. She is the President of Interact so of course she has multiple duties to uphold such as lead the meetings, talk to rotary advisers, arrange trips, and organize fundraisers and other events. “My favorite part about Interact are the service trips, like when we went to Mexico.”

Now I am not going to lie, I had absolutely no idea what Interact was until recently this year. I knew my friend had gone on the trip to Mexico, but I did not know it was for a club. So, I thought I’d get more information on it. Just think of Interact as a small high school version of a Rotary club. Interact is a community service based club not just in Bishop California, but also anywhere. They also help and run a variety of fundraisers around town, like at Law’s Museum. Some other stuff they do is they collect school supplies to give to students who need them the most, they used to take an annual trip to Mexico to build houses for people who lost or do not own a house, and they also send kids to RYLA which is a summer camp for kids as well. However, this year Zoe states that they would like to go to San Diego to help the homeless.

For many kids, it is hard for them to get involved in activities like this. Luckily, it is not too late to join. If you are a high school student at BUHS you may talk to Zoe Anderson, Beth Morgan, Anna Brown, or Lily McGrail who are all members of the club to help sign you up as soon as possible.

Photo Submitted by Zoe Anderson

Bishop Union High School, BUHS Student, Zoe Anderson, BUHS Clubs, BUHS  News, Interact Club