Daily Bulletin, January 13

“The Martin Luther King, Jr. Holiday celebrates the life and legacy of a man who brought hope and healing to America. We commemorate as well the timeless values he taught us through his example — the values of courage, truth, justice, compassion, dignity, humility and service that so radiantly defined Dr. King’s character and empowered his leadership. On this holiday, we commemorate the universal, unconditional love, forgiveness and nonviolence that empowered his revolutionary spirit.”  ‐ Coretta Scott King

TODAY’s ANNOUNCEMENTS:

MARTIN LUTHER KING HOLIDAY ‐ Monday, January 16th.   How will you spend your day?

HEY, SENIORS:   You have been given extended time until TUESDAY, JANUARY 17th to get your 2nd payment in for the Grad Nite Trip!  Questions or have your payment ready today? See Mrs. Terrasas in the main office.

FIRST SNOW CLUB TRIP NEXT WEEK!!!  You must sign up with Mr. Fulkerson TODAY in room 203!  Money will be due too! The trip is scheduled for Wednesday, January 18th!  Questions?  See Mr. Fulkerson or Mr. Sears!!!

SHOW YOUR BRONCO SPIRIT!

TODAY is BRONCO BLUE day!  Wear your Bronco Blue proudly!

EXPERIENCE UNIQUE BEACHES, EXOTIC ANIMALS, RAINFORESTS in COSTA RICA, 2017!

FINAL CALL for anyone interested in traveling to COSTA RICA in June, 2017!  You must see Ms. De La Mora TODAY!

HONOR CHOIR AUDITIONS:   Auditions TODAY.   Questions?  See Mrs. Lanane in the auditorium.

JUNIORS:  Deadline is TODAY to register on‐line for the February 11th ACT.  4‐year college bound juniors should take the ACT.  Full length practice books available and your questions answered in the Guidance Office.

LIONS CLUB SPEECH CONTEST:  Students who have previously signed up must bring their DRAFT speeches to Ms. Helfrich Holland’s room on Weds., 1/18/17 @ lunch.  We will critique and plan our BUHS contest.  Failure to attend (or discuss absence prior to meeting) will impact your standing for the contest. Questions?  See Ms. Helfrich Holland.

PLUS MEETING: The next meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 23rd at lunch in Mr. Rowan’s room.  Please come!  We need you to help plan our first BUHS Forum!

INCLEMENT WEATHER:   Our administrators will initiate an automated phone call via our District system to announce any delays or cancellation of school due to inclement weather.  Please make sure we have your most current and reliable telephone number on file to receive any important message from our school and/or District Office.  If your parent would prefer to receive a TEXT, please provide a reliable cell phone number.  Also, announcements will be provided by our local radio stations.

FYI:  Parents must always make the decision of personal safety and if a student stays home due to inclement weather, the absence will be considered “personal” and may result in possible make‐up of that loss of school attendance.

REPEAT NEWS:

PARKING LOT:   If you are not a SENIOR with parking privilege, do not parking in the main parking lot.  Also, the Visitor’s/Temp parking spaces ARE NOT for students.

BASEBALL:  Mandatory Practices for NON‐WINTER Athletes starts Tuesday, January 17th at 3:30 at the BUHS Field.  Physicals and complete athletic packets must be turned in by January 16th.  Pick up a January Practice Calendar in Room131 (Frigerio).

SOFTBALL PLAYERS:  Practice for NON‐WINTER Athletes starts on Tuesday, January 17th at 3:40 at the Bishop City Park Field #1.  Physicals and complete athletic packets must be turned in before that date.  Questions?  See Coach Van Nest in room 202 or the athletic director’s office in the afternoons. SENIORS:  Deadline to have your graduation requirement of 20 hours of community service completed is Wednesday, May 10th.  Put it in your calendars!  See guidance for community service ideas/opportunities!

LIBRARY/CHROMEBOOK OVER DUE LIST!   You have been added to the list if you failed to renew or return a book/Chromebook/charger as scheduled.  Please return ASAP this week or be prepared for a bill to be mailed home.  Also athletes, a bill can affect your eligibility status!

STOCK UP ON YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR 2nd SEMESTER!   Get your pens, pencils, paper, binders, notebooks and highlighters in Mrs. Tonseth’s (room 133) before/after school, and during break/lunch.  The best deal in town!

SPRING ATHLETES!  Get your physical packets in ASAP!  Don’t wait until the last minute!

CLUB MEETINGS & OTHER WEEKLY/MONTHLY EVENTS:

 LANGUAGE & CULTURE CLUB: Every Monday at lunch in Mrs. Greene’s room (209).

 DETENTION CLUB:  Tuesdays (Mrs. Helfrich Holland, room 206); Wednesdays (Mrs. Greene, room 209); Thursdays (Mrs. Gianopoulos, room 205); Fridays (Mrs. Tonseth, room 133) arrive no later than 3:20 PM.

 HOMEWORK HELP:  Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, in Mrs. Quintana’s room (207).  4:30 Bus available!

 AFTER SCHOOL MATH SUPPORT!  3:25 – 4:30 in room 203. Tuesdays & Thursdays

 DRAMA CLUB every Wednesday at lunch in the Green Room.

 OPEN MIC ON THURSDAYS!  Sponsored by HUGS during lunch!

 HUGS CLUB:  Every Friday in Mrs. Greene’s room (206 at lunch!)