The student news site of Bishop Union High School

Bronco Round Up

• July 1Stay Cool this Summer!
  • July 1Congratulations Class of 2024
  • July 1Enjoy Summer Break!
  • June 3Senior Awards Night Wednesday 06/05
  • June 3NASA Club last meeting today @ lunch in the BSC
  • May 23Holiday weekend, minimum day Thursday 05/23 and there will be no school Friday 05/24 and Monday 05/27
  • May 23Graduation day almost here, Complete all community service hours to be able to walk and attend the senior ceremony.
  • May 23Seniors need to complete forms for FAFSA. either opt out or submit for Educational Financial Aid.
  • May 15The BSC is closed this week for AP Testing
  • May 15Interact will be having their final meeting of the year May 16th, at lunch in room 209

Bronco Round Up

Bronco Round Up

Broncos Start Fast but Fall to The Huskies in Four

Bronco Varsity Volleyball opened strong against Mammoth Tuesday winning game one, but ultimately fell to the Huskies in four games.  Coach Linda Frigerio indicates that the Broncos came out strong in the first set winning 25-23. Frigerio notes that throughout the remainder of the  sets both teams showed strong offense and defense but the Broncos fell short losing the final three sets, 25-20, 25-19, and 25-20.

Coach Frigerio indicates that Bishop Volleyball continues to improve on their blocking and defensive skills. During the game Broncos made 22 blocking shots – Senior Lilly Morrison with 8 blocks, Junior Peyton Kalk with 6, Junior Elizabeth Ellsworth with 4, Sophomore Riley Van Nest 3 and Delaney Kalk with 1. 

The attack was led by Peyton Kalk with a 44% kill percentage. Delaney Kalk had 11 kills while Liz Ellsworth and Lilly Morrison each contributed 8 kills. Setter Riley Van Nest racked up 27 assists in the match .

Next up is a home game and Broncos play against Rosamond on September 14