Daily Bulletin, November 30

TODAY’s ANNOUNCEMENTS:

COSTA RICA MEETING TONIGHT!‐ If you are interested in going to Costa Rica in June,  come to the informational meeting TONIGHT at 6:00 in De La Mora’s room!  PURA VIDA….

HEALTH FACT:   Drinking enough water lowers your stress, boosts your energy, nourishes your skin and helps build muscle. How much to drink? Your weight divided by 2 is the number of ounces of water you should drink in a day!

PLUS MEETING December 5th at lunch in Mr. Rowans classroom.

SENIORS:  UC & CSU Applications are DUE TODAY if you still have questions are “stuck” on something see Mrs. Andersen asap!

FINAL CALL FOR FOOTBALL UNIFORMS/EQUIPMENT:  They are not souvenirs unless you have $300!  See JV & VARSITY players after school TODAY!  ‐ Coach Palu

FASHION CLUB MEETING: Confirm your spot on the San Francisco Field Trip, March 2017. Meeting is at 6:30 PM TONIGHT in Room 104, in the basement. Bring your first deposit, a friend and a parent. Contact Mrs. A. Holland ASAP if you plan to travel, but cannot attend the meeting or for more information.

SENIORS NEEDING ENGLISH AND/OR MATH PLACEMENT TESTING FOR THE CAL STATE:

Wednesday, Dec. 7th, English Placement Testing will begin at 8:15 ~ Entry Level Math test will begin at 10:17 in Room 210.  Bring your registration form completed and a check written to ETS for $18 (one test) or $36 (both tests).   If you apply to a Cal State with SAT of less than 1120 (reading & math only) than you may need to take these tests, see Mrs. Andersen if you are not sure or need another registration form.  Visit www.csusuccess.org to prepare for these tests!  

VOLLEYBALL AWARDS BANQUET:  TOMORROW (12/1) @ 7pm in Multi Purpose Room @HSMS.  Pot Luck Style!  Please bring the following:  Freshmen‐Beverages, Sophomores‐appetizer/snack, Juniors‐desert

LEO CLUB MEETING  TOMORROW (12/1) at lunch in Ms. Helfrich Holland’s room (#206)!  Bring your lunch and your calendar so you can sign up for the many upcoming community service projects.  Questions?  See Destiny Frank or Ms. HH.

FIT BIT CHALLENGE:   Activity logs due TOMORROW (12/1)!   Turn to the Guidance Office by the end of the day!

WATCH SOME EXTREME SHREDDING ‐ MOVIE NIGHT ‐ Get tickets ($10) from any BRONCO skier/rider or at Wave Rave and Looney Bean! TOMORROW (12/1) at 6:30 in the auditorium.  Silent Auction items include 4 ‐1 day passes to Mammoth, 4 ‐ 1 day passes to Disney Land, local art, Adidas gear, snowboards, and more!   

REPEAT ANNOUNCEMENTS: SAT ON SATURDAY, DECEMBER 3RD :  Registered test takers report to the Math building by 7:45 am and bring the following: #2 pencils (not mechanical), an approved calculator, your admission ticket with photo and a photo ID, no exceptions!  Do NOT bring your cell phone into the testing room.

TENNIS END‐OF‐SEASON GATHERING: Wednesday, December 7th at 7 PM.   We will be having a Cookie Exchange!  Bring your uniform, cookies and a plate to take home cookies! Contact your coach for more info! CSF:  The City of Bishop needs volunteers for 2 events:  The Night of Lights/Parade on Dec. 3rd AND The Railroad Express at Laws on Dec. 10th. See Guidance to volunteer.  

REMEMBER:  All CSF members must be prepared to submit minimum 5 hours of community service that you do this semester with your application in January.

SENIOR SCHOLARSHIPS:  Always check the Guidance Webpage for scholarship opportunities!  Make it a habit to visit at least once a week!

YEARBOOK NEWS:  Don’t forget to download the Image Share app by Balfour (see signs on campus for details), and share a few of your favorite photos (scenery or portraits) for the yearbook photo contest! Photos can be emailed to elpinon@bishopschools also. We are looking for blooper/goofy photos as well. Top two photo entries win a $25 gift card to your choice of restaurant or coffee shop in Bishop!  

INTERESTED IN TELLING 8TH GRADERS THE TRUTH? Want to share what you know about high school life, peer pressure, and resisting alcohol, drugs, tobacco. Come be a Youth Educator. The Inyo County Youth Educator Program (YEP) educates middle school students about some of the challenges they may face in high school and how to deal with them.  Applications can be picked up in the Guidance Office and must be returned to Ms. Anderson by December 16. For more information call Karen at 873‐3262 ext. 2112.

CLUB MEETINGS & OTHER WEEKLY/MONTHLY EVENTS:

 LANGUAGE & CULTURE CLUB: Every Monday at lunch in Mrs. Greene’s room (209).

 DETENTION CLUB:  Tuesdays (Mrs. Helfrich Holland, room 206); Wednesdays (Mrs. Greene, room 209); Thursdays (Mrs. Gianopoulos, room 205); Fridays (Mrs. Tonseth, room 133) arrive no later than 3:20 PM.

 HOMEWORK HELP:  Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, in Mrs. Quintana’s room (207).  There is also a bus available at 4:30 for rides home for those who attend!

 AFTER SCHOOL MATH SUPPORT!  3:25 – 4:30 in room 203. Tuesdays & Thursdays  

 DRAMA CLUB every Wednesday at lunch in the Green Room.

 HUGS CLUB:  Every Friday in Mrs. Greene’s room (206 at lunch! COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:   Eastern Sierra Land Trust Pollinator Garden Projects: See Guidance or Call Indigo Johnson: 760‐873‐4554 NEED COMMUNITY SERVICE: Come sign up to be a salvation army bell ringer in the guidance office. They need students 5‐7 every night and all day on Saturday’s.