Girls Basketball are Defeated by the Broncs

Wasuya Martinez

Larissa Cortez, Henny Charley

Cinthia Laguna, Reporter

On Thursday, February 9th the girls varsity basketball team had their last home game and faced the Kern Valley Broncs for a final match. Unfortunately, even though the ladies played hard throughout their game and entire season they were defeated by the Broncs bringing them to lose their last home game with a final score of 57 to 44. The ladies did their best during the game and played as best as they could and honestly props to them for that. Sad to say their season has come to an end here but more than proud to say each one of them was an outstanding player throughout the season.

Sophomore, Sienna Fuller starts the game scoring 2 points; followed by senior Jayda Jackson with 5; and senior Larissa Cortez with 7 more points. Following we had junior, Justine Kinney with 2 points; junior Chessy Dondero with 14 points and junior Henny Charley with 14 points as well. During the 1st half of the game the Bishop Bronco girls had a total of 25 points total on the board and Kern Valley had a total of 24 points. Moving into the second half of the game we had the teams at large but with Kern Valley having a total of 18 points in the third quarter and Bishop with 13 points. We moved into the last half of the game with Kern Valley having a total of 42 points on the board and Bishop having a total of 38 points. As the game comes close to an end the ladies add 6 more points to the score board and Kern Valley adding 15 more points to the board bringing them to a total of 57 points and Bishop with a final score of 44. This was a well played game by both teams.

Totals:

Sienna Fuller – 2 points, 1 rebound

Jayda Jackson – 5 points, 5 rebounds, 5 steals

Larissa Cortez – 7 points, 2 rebounds

Baileigh Momberg – 6 rebounds, 1 steal

Justine Kinney – 2 points, 4 rebounds, 1 steal

Braydee Momberg – 1 rebound

Chessy Dondero – 14 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal

Henny Charley – 14 points, 1 rebound, 2 steals