Bishop Broncos Demolish Their Senior Night Competition

BUHS Girls Soccer Team

Oscar Mendiola, Sports Writer

Bishop Broncos Soared Higher than the Ravens

On Thursday, February 2 the Bishop Lady Broncos played against the Cal City Ravens for their second time this season. The Lady Broncos started off with their Senior Night from Captain and Senior JuliAnna Jackson in a ceremonial start when she passed the ball to the injured Senior Larissa Simpson who kicked the ball out of bounds.

The Lady Broncos started off slow until Sophomore Alyssa Buchholz scored a goal from a pass from Brooklyn Braaten. Shortly another goal was made from Elizabeth Ellsworth when she received a deflection off of the goalie.

The Lady Broncos regrouped in halftime and came out swinging a score of 5 goals in the second hald led by Senior JuliAnna Jackson who scored from a pass from Brooklyn Braaten. Ellie Crall shortly followed by an unassisted goal. JuliAnna Jackson scored a banger of a goal from a corner kick where she curved the ball directly into the back top corner of the net just over the hands of the Cal City goalie.The fourth goal in the second half was scored by Jillian Veenker off of a rebound that was assisted by JuliAnna Jackson. The final goal was scored by Alyssa Buchholz from an assist from JuliAnna Jackson.

The final score of the game was 7-0 in favor of the Lady Broncos winning against Cal City for the second time this season and bringing the team record 12-0 in league play. Senior goalie Annabell Mojica made several great saves while Senior Center Defense man Zoe Dailey and Senior left defenseman Kenia Gonzalez limited the shots on their goal.

The team will be losing 5 seniors this year. They include Captain Zoe Dailey, Kenia Gonzalez, Captain JuliAnna Jackson, Annabell Mojica and Larissa Simpson. Coach Dailey stated “its been a great pleasure to coach this team and all 5 seniors for the last 3 years” said Coach Dailey. He looks forward to seeing what the future holds with next year’s team and for the graduating Seniors.

Congratulations Senior Class of 2023

The next game the Lady Broncos will have is on Tuesday, February 7 against the Boron Bobcats for the second time this season in league. The Lady Broncos have 2 more games of league than after will have CIF.