FAFSA Completion Night

Cora Van Nest, Writer

The FAFSA is an application that provides need-based funding for students to continue their education beyond high school. There is a FAFSA completion night tomorrow, November 8th in the BSC in which parents and students will get help with completing the FAFSA application.

The completion night will take place in the BSC, on November 8th from 5:30-7:30. If you plan to attend the FAFSA completion night be sure to bring your Chromebook and a parent and guardian. You should also bring all of the following if you have them, your FSA ID, Driver’s license, social security card, alien registration number, individual taxpayer identification number, list of colleges you are interested in attending, any records of untaxed income, security benefits or child support payments, and prior-prior year tax information. 

Dinner will be provided and parents who attend the completion night will receive a $30 Vons gift card. Also, Seniors who provide proof of having their FAFSA completed will receive a $20 gift card to a local eatery.

There will be another FAFSA completion night on November 16th in which Spanish assistance will be available. If you have not yet finished your FAFSA application or you need assistance, be sure to attend the FAFSA completion night tomorrow.