Mrs Nafeh Interview

Veenker

Mrs. Nafeh is a California Polytechnic State University of Pomona graduate with a Master’s Degree in Specialized Education. She teaches Math 1 and RSP mathmatics at BUHS. She also spends her weekends working out and playing computer games with her husband and four pets. She is passionate about helping students who never imagined they could be good at math, find their spark.

Q: How is this year of teaching going so far? 

A: This year has been both the most fun so far and the most stressful. Each year, new stressors and expectations for teachers can be overwhelming, but getting to work with students every day, full-time in-seat has been the most rewarding!

Q:  How do you think this school year will go?

A: I have so much hope for this year. My students and I are stressed and feeling overworked, but I know things will get better. I have the best groups of students (even the annoying ones) and they give me the drive to keep pushing every day!

Q: What was teaching in lockdown like?

A: Although there were struggles that I never thought I would have to plan for as a teacher, I honestly think being in a small town with a close community of support for students and teachers made it more bearable.

Q: How would you rate your work environment 1-10?

A: One bite…everyone knows the rules…A solid 8, There is always room for improvement. 

Q: How does it feel to be teaching with one of your best friends?

A: I have always gotten along with my co-workers, but the friendships I have made at BUHS are ones I will keep for a lifetime. I love being able to eat lunch, plan with, and spend all day doing what I live with my best friends! 

Q: How do you feel about the new early Monday late Friday schedule?

A: I HATE IT

Q: When you first started here how did it go?

A: The first year teaching at BUHS was actually much easier than this year (my third year). At the time I started we had afternoons to work one-on-one with students and we were on a block schedule. I think that offered more support for struggling students.