ASB Plans to Elect More Officers

Cora Van Nest, Writer

The Associated Student Body, or ASB, helps to plan and facilitate student events such as dances, pep rallies, and spirit days. The two current ASB officers are Kate Anderson and Baileigh Momberg, but ASB hopes to elect more officers within the next month.

ASB plans events such as last year’s Senior Send-Off Rally and they are currently working on planning this year’s Homecoming Dance and Spirit Week. ASB also sells ASB cards online at https://gofan.co/app/events/702168?schoolId=CA18740 that cost $20 and allows cardholders to get into sports games for $1 and gives them cheaper dance ticket prices. They will also plan Prom, other events, spirit weeks, and field days as the school year progresses.

As the president of ASB, Kate Anderson is in charge of the logistical side of ASB and helps to distribute work among the other ASB leaders. Besides ASB president, she is also in Interact, Debate Club, Language Club, Mathletes, Band, and she plays travel softball. 

The Vice President of ASB is Baileigh Momberg and as Vice President, she helps the President to plan and arrange everything and she is in charge if the President is not there. Besides being the Vice President of ASB, she is also a member of NASA and plays travel softball.

The other officer positions that will be elected soon include treasurer, secretary, and all class president positions. ASB meets Tuesdays and Fridays at 7:45 in the BSC and they are always willing to accept more members. If you are interested in joining ASB, you can talk to Ms. Jensen to learn more and help them create these fun-filled activities and events.