Bishop Bronco Basketball Tames the Wildcats Advancing to the CIF 2nd Round

Marleyana Bayhurst, Writer/ Journalist

The Bronco girls basketball team moves on to the 2nd round of CIF with a strong defensive effort. The Broncos now play in the 2nd round against Bakersfield South.

Bishop stormed out to a 30-17 halftime lead Wednesday night then allowed just 8 second half points in route to a 48-25 win.  Senior Idalia Jimenez led the team with 16 points and fellow senior Eve Dondero came off the bench for 12 points.  Rylee Arcularius added 9 points and 5 rebounds with Jadya Jackson chipping in with 5 points and Geneva Molina adding 3.  Sienna Fuller had two points completing the Bronco scoring.  

The Bronco defense was strong throughout the game, especially in the second half.  Jimenez added 3 steals and Dondero had a team high 4 steals. 

Next up the Broncos will host the #7 seed South High Rebels from Bakersfield.  The Broncos are the #2 seed in the CIF Central Section Division 5 championships.  Also advancing in the bracket are Lone Pine and Rosamond.  

Rosamond, from the High Desert League, defeated Framersville 46-33 and Lone Pine defeated Summit Charter 50-31. Rosamond will face off with Immanuel in the second round.  Lone Pine (#8 seed) will now face the bracket’s top team Highland High School of Bakersfield on Friday.  

Game results from Round 1 CIF Playoffs:

Idalia Jimenez 16 pts, 3 steals

Eve Dondero 12 pts, 4 steals

Rylee Arcularius 9 pts, 5 rebs

Jayda Jackson 5 pts

Geneva Molina 3 pts

Sienna Fuller 2 pts

Next game: Round 2 at home against South High at 5:00