Bishop Union Highschool Track and field runs against Rosamond Highschool

Ezra Spoonhunter

Joe Almeida, Maximo Elia, Joshua Wilson

Alexis Eide, Journalist

On Wednesday, May 12th Bishop Union High school track and field left school at 10 am and drove to Rosamond to run against Rosamond Highschool. They also ran and threw against 2 Trona members as well. The meet started a little bit before 3 and was ahead of schedule due to the small teams and fast runners. the first event to start the meet-off was a 4×100 which Bishop took points for because Rosamond and Trona didn’t have a girls relay team. Bishop also took first in the 4×100 meters boys while running against Rosamond. The BUHS track and field members had pretty good runs. Unfortunately, we are unsure at this time what place each runner came in but we have their times. Eliza Marcuson ran a 33.74 in the 200 meters, 59.24 in the 300-meter hurdles and jumped 12 1/2 feet for the long jump. Nimirit ran a 38.14 for the 200 meters,  1:27.4 for the 400 meters, and jumped 9 feet and 3.5 inches for the long jump. Sierra Burror ran  a1:08.14 for the 4oo meters and 2:46 for the 800 meters. Many other runners ran during this meet like Ezra Spoonhunter, Dominic Westervelt, Alexander Adkins, Diego Honda, Ashley Fitt, Joseph Almeida, Maximo Elia, Delilah Maloney, Anwyn Benson and Alexis Eide. BUHS ended up scoring lots of points and took home a nother win