Daily Bulletin, September 12

TODAY’s ANNOUNCEMENTS:

ASB STORE OPEN FOR BUSINESS TODAY!  Thanks for being patient and for your support for BUHS ASB!

MAKE UP PICTURE DAY IS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 15:   Your homeroom teacher will be distributing remaining photo packets and proofs to see if you need to retake your photos.  If you need a makeup photo, you MUST sign up in the main office.  Make‐ups will not be for reasons such as “My hair looks too fluffy/flat, I wore the wrong t‐ shirt, I wasn’t ready for a picture that day, I hate my photo, etc.”  You must have a VALID reason for a make‐up photo! SENIOR YEARBOOK PORTRAITS WILL NOT BE THURSDAY!  Make‐up day for senior yearbook portraits will be held at a later date.  Seniors who did not take an ID photo must take do so on Thursday, September 15.

SENIORS:  Your last chance to take the ACT locally is October 22 – deadline to register for the ACT is Friday, September 16th.  Register at www.actstudent.org

SENIOR SCHOLARSHIPS:   ELKS National Foundation’s Most Valuable Student scholarship and the ELKS Legacy award scholarship application are now posted on the Guidance/Scholarships website.   CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2016‐17 CSF BOARD:   President: Beth Morgan; Vice President: Anna Brown; Secretary: Makayla McDevitt; Treasurer: Owen Trimble; Community Service Chair: Jenna Andersen; Junior Rep: Ben Holland; Freshman Rep: Ajia Saunders.  Go Broncos!

UPCOMING CLUB MEETINGS:

 DETENTION:  Tuesdays (Mrs. Helfrich Holland, room 104); Wednesdays (Mrs. Greene, room 209); Thursdays (Mrs. Gianopoulos, room 205); Fridays (Mrs. Tonseth, room 133) arrive no later than 3:20 PM.

 DRAMA CLUB every Wednesday at lunch in the Green Room.

 LANGUAGE & CULTURE CLUB: Language & Culture Club is meeting every Monday at lunch in Mrs. Greene’s room (209).  Come join us in the fun and learn about new languages & cultures.  Everyone is welcome!

 HUGS CLUB:  Every Friday in Mrs. Greene’s room (206 at lunch! REPEAT ANNOUNCEMENTS: SENIOR ARTISTS:  Submit your SENIOR CLASS SWEATSHIRT DESIGN for consideration for the senior sweatshirt.   The front of the sweatshirt will be the CLASS SLOGAN DESIGN and the back will be the class year.  All designs must be submitted by Monday, September 19th.   Voting for the design will be on Tuesday, September 20th in homeroom.  ALSO, there are some seniors who haven’t stopped by the Guidance Office to sign their name to be included on the sweatshirt!

SENIOR PARENTS:  TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 20th at 6:30 in the Auditorium:  Come learn more about planning for after high school:  graduation, college applications, timelines, and more.   CSF APPLICATIONS ARE AVAILABLE in the Guidance Office and are DUE to the Guidance Office by September 22nd.  ALL 10‐ 12th graders MUST submit an application and service hour verification to become a member. Membership is NOT automatic!

SENIOR SCHOLARSHIP: $500 award based on character as determined by response to the following essay: When you look back on your life in 30 years, what would it take for you to consider your life successful? What relationships, or accomplishments will be important on this journey?  DEADLINE: October 6th submit via email to: [email protected] Include your full name, that you attend Bishop Union High School and your plans for next year.