Daily Bulletin, March 28

TODAY’s ANNOUNCEMENTS:
CANCER AWARENESS!  Support our campus efforts to support the CANCER AWARENESS EFFORTS!    Look for fliers around
campus and for donation boxes in your classrooms!
TODAY are you wearing PINK (Breast Cancer) Wednesday wear ORANGE (Lymphoma),  
Thursday wear BLUE (Ovarian and Colon cancer) Friday wear PURPLE (all cancer).   
SNOW CLUB TRIP!  You need to sign‐up TODAY by the end of lunch w/Mr. Fulkerson (203) if you are going TOMORROW!!!   
OUTDOOR CLUB MEETING TODAY!  See you at lunch in Room 204!
CERRO COSO BOUND SENIORS:  Placement Testing TODAY at 2 pm, in the Foundation Design Room of the BSC.  You must
sign up with Mrs. Andersen by lunch time to receive a pass.  Testing limited to the first 16 students who sign up.   
THE BISHOP INDIAN EDUCATION CENTER COLLEGE AND CAREER COUNSELOR will be hosting a presentation on Summer
Enrichment Programs that are available to Native American youth at various Colleges.  Registration info will be discussed,
applications handed out and questions answered. If you are interested in experiencing college life come join us for this info
meeting.   When:  TODAY  Where:  BUHS Library, Carl Lind Room  Time:  Lunch Hour 12:41‐1:22pm  Lunch will be served
BOYS/GIRLS STATE REPS:  Yearbook will take your group photo TODAY at 12:30 on the front steps.  Please dress in
professional attire.  See you there!
PIZZA!!!!  ASB will be providing pizza for the top homeroom/office for our Cancer Fundraising Drive!  So start looking in all
the usual places for loose change!  Be sure to place your donations in the fundraising box in your homeroom!
NEW COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES:  California High School Rodeo Association needs volunteers for their
fundraising dinner! Set up on April 7th, dinner service and clean up on April 8th AND the Bishop Community Garden needs
volunteers on April 8th from 9am ‐ 3pm.  2 hour minimum shift, or stay all 6 hours! And finally, help our veterans have a
“Night Out”. On April 21 – 23, volunteers needed to set up, serve and clean up. Sign up in the Guidance Office.  
SPANISH DEPARTMENT PLACEMENT TESTING:   Wednesday and Thursday, March 29 and March 30th.  Students who wish
to “skip” a level of Spanish or enter Spanish at year 2 should plan to take the written exam on March 29 AND the
Listening/Speaking exam on March 30th.  Room 131 at 3:30; do not be late.  
E‐GAMING CLUB:  We will meet every Thursday (beginning this Thursday, 3/30) at 3:30 – 5:00 PM in the FFE Design Studio
located in the Bronco Student Center!
BRONCO STUDENT CENTER NEWS:   Contact Mr. Thornburg – [email protected], x2775
 UPCOMING PRESENTATION:  How do images affect you? On the Web, how can photos manipulate you? How
specifically do editors support a point of view or try to sell products with them? Join TIME’s Senior Multimedia Editor,
Andrew Katz, and students from dozens of schools around North America for a live webinar discussing the Power and
Pitfall of Images: How to Look at Images Online. Develop your visual literacy at this BSC program on April 4. You’ll
miss a portion of seventh period; you’ll need to pick up a permission form from Mr. Thornburg in the BSC and ask for
your teacher’s approval.
 CHROMEBOOK SUPPORT!!  Last chance! The district’s computer insurance ends next month. If your Chromebook
needs attention (cracked screen? missing keys? deep scratch? letter won’t work? battery dead?) and you have NOT
already used your one‐time free accidental damage waiver, bring it to the BSC! In other words, if it’s broken and you
haven’t already had it fixed before, bring it in! Questions? Mr. Thornburg, x 2775.
REPEAT ANNOUNCEMENTS:  
INTERACT MEETING:  Thursday, March 30th in Mrs. Greene’s room.  This is a MANDATORY meeting for everyone interested
in the San Diego Trip.  Pizza will be provided.  Remember, your attendance at Interact functions are important – don’t risk
your membership by not participating!   
COMMUNITY SERVICE OPPORTUNITIES!  20 hours of service is a graduation requirement.
 TRI‐COUNTY FAIRGROUNDS NEEDS YOU!  Contact 760‐873‐3588 to join the volunteer list for various upcoming
events.  Table set up/take down, event prep, ticket sales, answering phones, etc.
 HIGH SCHOOL RODEO:  Association Fundraiser on April 7th & 8th.  Sign up in the G.O. (Guidance Office).
SENIOR SHOLARSHIPS (visit the Guidance webpage for application links & current information)
 Cosmetology: apply for the Great Clips scholarship at www.greatclipscareers.com/scholarships Deadline to apply:
March 31, 2017
 CALTRANS DISTRICT 9: Pursuing a transportation related career?  You should apply for the Cal Trans District 9
Employees Scholarship. Deadline: April 21.   
 CAL‐TRANS Scholarship:  For the child/grandchild of an employee and pursuing Civil Engineering, Architecture, or
Urban Studies to pursue a transportation related career – 4 different scholarships!  
 KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS:  Are you an active practicing Catholic?  If so, see the Guidance Office for a copy of the
Knights of Columbus, Monsignor Maloney Council #8268 Scholarship.  Deadline to apply: May 2
CLUB MEETINGS & OTHER WEEKLY/MONTHLY EVENTS:  LANGUAGE & CULTURE CLUB: Every Wednesday at lunch in Mrs. Greene’s room (209).
 DRAMA CLUB every Tuesday at lunch in the Green Room.
 LATINO CLUB: Every Tuesday in room 302 at lunch!
 DETENTION CLUB:  Tuesdays (Mrs. Helfrich Holland, room 206); Wednesdays (Mrs. Greene, room 209); Thursdays
(Mrs. Gianopoulos, room 205); Fridays (Mrs. Tonseth, room 133) arrive no later than 3:20 PM.
 HOMEWORK HELP:  Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, in the Tech Center.  4:30 Bus available!
 OUTDOOR CLUB:  Every Wednesday in room 204 at lunch!
 AFTER SCHOOL MATH SUPPORT!  3:25 – 4:30 in the Tech Center. Tuesdays & Thursdays  
 HUGS CLUB:  Open Mic on Thursday, Front steps and Club Meetings on Fridays in room 206!