Daily Bulletin, January 27

TODAY’s ANNOUNCEMENTS:

CSF ENROLLMENT DUE TODAY!!    Applications and Service Hours Forms are in the Guidance Office AND on the “Students” section of the BUHS website: http://buhs‐bishop‐ca.schoolloop.com/CSFScholarship   CSF

SENIORS:   TODAY is the deadline to apply for CSF High Honors! Qualifying during senior year is a High Honors requirement. Questions? See Mrs. Andersen.

SNOW CLUB ANNOUNCEMENT:  SIGN UP with Mr. Fulkerson (room 203) by the end of the day on MONDAY (1/30) to attend the next trip on WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 1st.  The weather and snow conditions should be ideal!

CANCELLED: Rattlesnake Village cleanup with the Eastern Sierra Land Trust that was scheduled for TOMORROW!

GIRLS/BOYS STATE APPLICATIONS:  JUNIOR Students are eligible to apply for the opportunity to be our Boys/Girls State Representative.  The Boys/Girls State programs are the most respected educational programs of government instruction for high school students and it is a prestigious honor to be the selected representative.   Applications can be downloaded from our website or picked up in the main office.  Deadline to apply is Friday, February 3.  This opportunity is sponsored by the American Legion and American Legion Auxiliary.

TRACK STARTS ON MONDAY:   All wanting to participate must meet at 3:30PM on the track ready to practice.   Please make sure your physicals are complete!  Come out and talk to the coach if you have questions!

LIONS CLUB SPEECH CONTEST SPEAKERS:   Meet in Ms. Helfrich Holland’s room on MONDAY (1/30) at lunch to practice speeches for the February 9th competition.  Bring your draft speeches & lunch!  Questions?  See Ms. HH!

MATHLETES JV PRACTICE:  Tuesday, January 31st at lunch in Mrs. Buchholz’s room.  This will be the last practice for the year!

SWIM TEAM MEETING:  Tuesday, January 31st at lunch in room 202 (Mrs. Van Nest).

SADIE HAWKINS WINTER WONDERLAND DANCE!  Saturday, February 11th in the East Gym.  Tickets will be $10 with ASB and $15 without.  We will announce ticket sale dates in the bulletin ASAP!

REPEAT NEWS: ROTARY INTERNATIONAL SPEECH CONTEST!  Freshmen, Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors are eligible to compete to win $1,000!  Deadline to sign up is Friday, February 24!  Contest will be Tuesday, February 28th.  Winners in our area will have a chance to compete against other area winners in Reno NV!  See Mrs. Andersen in the Guidance Office for rules and an entry form!

THE RAVE PROGRAM is partnering with other programs and departments within the Bishop Paiute Tribe and Wild Iris to host a dance for middle and high school youth.   The dance will be held at the Barlow Gym on the evening of Friday, February 24th from 7‐11pm.  Join us for an evening of dancing and great music.  For more information call the RAVE Dept. at 760‐873‐9018. YEABOOKS ARE FOR SALE!   Don’t wait until the price goes up – get yours now in room 204 at lunch or right after school.  $75  and check or exact cash please.  Thanks!

SENIOR SHOLARSHIPS (visit the Guidance webpage for current information on scholarship opportunities)

 Edison International Scholarship: To apply visit: https://www.scholarsapply.org/edisonscholars/   Deadline: February 1, 2017

 Senior Scholar Athletes:  Don’t forget the CIF Scholar Athlete of the Year scholarship application is Due to Mrs. Andersen February 1st. This application is extensive and requires recommendations and signatures. You must have a 9‐12 unweighted GPA of 3.5 and be a Varsity athlete in your senior year. See the Guidance Scholarships website for more info.

 BISHOP ELKS:  Senior Scholarship for seniors with a parent or grandparent belonging to the ELKS Club: deadline February 3rd

CLUB MEETINGS & OTHER WEEKLY/MONTHLY EVENTS:

 LANGUAGE & CULTURE CLUB: Every Monday at lunch in Mrs. Greene’s room (209).

 LATINO CLUB: Every Tuesday in room 302 at lunch!

 DETENTION CLUB:  Tuesdays (Mrs. Helfrich Holland, room 206); Wednesdays (Mrs. Greene, room 209); Thursdays (Mrs. Gianopoulos, room 205); Fridays (Mrs. Tonseth, room 133) arrive no later than 3:20 PM.

 HOMEWORK HELP:  Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, in Mrs. Quintana’s room (207).  4:30 Bus available!

 AFTER SCHOOL MATH SUPPORT!  3:25 – 4:30 in room 203. Tuesdays & Thursdays

 DRAMA CLUB every Wednesday at lunch in the Green Room.

 OPEN MIC ON THURSDAYS!  Sponsored by HUGS during lunch!

 HUGS CLUB:  Every Friday in Mrs. Greene’s room (206 at lunch!)