Daily Bulletin, January 11

TODAY’s ANNOUNCEMENTS:

NO DETENTION TODAY!  Students already scheduled will be expected to serve tomorrow! AG/FFA

YEARBOOK PHOTO TODAY at 12:30 (during homeroom):  Be on time if you want to be included in the yearbook photo!  The release list has been emailed to your teacher!  Meet on the front steps and SMILE!

FREE ENTRANCE to TONIGHT’s BASKETBALL GAMES!   BRONCOS vs Trona Tornadoes!  JV Boys will begin at 3:30 and Varsity Girls at 5:00.  Come support your Broncos and enjoy FREE entrance into the games!

NASA MEETING:  TODAY at lunch.  Lunch will be served.  Guest speakers: Bishop Tribal Environmental Dept. and Tribal TANF/Community Service Opportunities.

LEO CLUB MEETING:  TOMORROW, Thursday at lunch in Ms. Helfrich Holland’s room!  Bring your lunch (although the meeting will be relatively short).

SENIORS:  Deadline to have your graduation requirement of 20 hours of community service completed is Wednesday, May 10th.

HONOR CHOIR AUDITIONS: Auditions will be held on Friday, January 13th.   Interested students must contact Mrs. Lanane or a current member of Honor Choir to be added to the audition list.  Students must bring approval from the guidance office showing at least a 2.0 GPA and current grades of C or above.  Students who have not have completed the homeroom Success class are not eligible at this time.  Questions?  See Mrs. Lanane in the auditorium or your Guidance Tech.

FINAL CALL – COSTA RICA 2017!  If you are interested in experiencing COSTA RICA in June, 2017.  See Ms. De La Mora this week in room 132 (main bldg.).

SENIORS:  2nd payment due for Grad Nite Trip on Friday, January 13th!  See Mrs. Terrasas in the main office.

REPEAT NEWS:

SHOW YOUR BRONCO SPIRIT!    FRIDAY will be our first BRONCO BLUE day!  Wear your Bronco Blue proudly!

LIBRARY/CHROMEBOOK OVER DUE LIST!   You have been added to the list if you failed to renew or return a book/Chromebook/charger as scheduled.  Please return ASAP this week or be prepared for a bill to be mailed home.  Also athletes, a bill can affect your eligibility status!

JUNIORS:  It is time to register for the February 11th ACT and start to prepare (study/practice).  4‐year college bound juniors should take the ACT, register on‐line at www.actstudent.org by FRIDAY, January 13th.  Full length practice books available in the Guidance Office.

STOCK UP ON YOUR SCHOOL SUPPLIES FOR 2nd SEMESTER!   Get your pens, pencils, paper, binders, notebooks and highlighters in Mrs. Tonseth’s (room 133) before/after school, and during break/lunch.  The best deal in town!

MARTIN LUTHER KING HOLIDAY ‐ Monday, January 16th.   “So, each year on Martin Luther King Day, let us not only recall Dr. King, but rededicate ourselves to the Commandments he believed in and sought to live every day: Thou shall love thy God with all thy heart, and thou shall love thy neighbor as thyself. And I just have to believe that all of us—if all of us, young and old, Republicans and Democrats, do all we can to live up to those Commandments, then we will see the day when Dr. King’s dream comes true, and in his words, “All of God’s children will be able to sing with new meaning, ‘… land where my fathers died, land of the pilgrim’s pride, from every mountainside, let freedom ring.'”  ‐ President Reagan (Remarks upon signing the Bill proclaiming the National Holiday)

SPRING ATHLETES!  Get your physical packets in ASAP!  Don’t wait until the last minute!

BASEBALL PLAYERS:  Your physical packets must be completed and turned in by January 16th.

SOFTBALL PLAYERS:  Practice for NON‐WINTER Athletes starts on Tuesday, January 17th at 3:40 at the Bishop City Park Field #1.  Physicals and complete athletic packets must be turned in before that date.  Questions?  See Coach Van Nest in room 202 or the athletic director’s office in the afternoons.

CLUB MEETINGS & OTHER WEEKLY/MONTHLY EVENTS:

 LANGUAGE & CULTURE CLUB: Every Monday at lunch in Mrs. Greene’s room (209).

 DETENTION CLUB:  Tuesdays (Mrs. Helfrich Holland, room 206); Wednesdays (Mrs. Greene, room 209); Thursdays (Mrs. Gianopoulos, room 205); Fridays (Mrs. Tonseth, room 133) arrive no later than 3:20 PM.

 HOMEWORK HELP:  Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday, in Mrs. Quintana’s room (207).  4:30 Bus available!

 AFTER SCHOOL MATH SUPPORT!  3:25 – 4:30 in room 203. Tuesdays & Thursdays

 DRAMA CLUB every Wednesday at lunch in the Green Room.

 OPEN MIC ON THURSDAYS!  Sponsored by HUGS during lunch!

 HUGS CLUB:  Every Friday in Mrs. Greene’s room (206 at lunch!