Homeroom-My Opinion

Vicky Begay

Homeroom 

The homeroom class period is thirty minutes long and is divided up into your class whether you’re a senior or freshman I use homeroom very productive, as a time to get organized or do any homework or homeroom intervention.

One awesome thing Bishop Union High School offers here is homeroom intervention. There is a math intervention or english intervention and its purpose is to help students who are in need of tutoring. Most students are referred into these classes because they are in danger of failing or are failing or simply just ask to.  I haven’t really heard a whole lot about the english intervention homeroom. I recently asked my math teacher to put me in the math intervention because I needed to retake some tests. This is a productive example that this time is used well. I feel this time is useful to me and other students who use their time wisely. Many student will argue it’s a waste of time, well it is what you make it. I feel it’s a time to situate yourself and if you’re all good there is an abundance of time killers such as reading, watch a movie and go on your phone. The homeroom teachers seem to have not cared if your phones are out because they are not teaching the class. Another thing I feel homeroom is important is the the pep rallies we have at our school which are during home room hours. It doesn’t cut into lunch hours and is on school time. I am currently a senior and I know things have changed and you’re required to take success 101,102 etc., this does not apply to seniors. It seemed to be a class that is helpful for your future. This thirty minute class period is very helpful to me and I will continue to use this time productively.